The above link is to a good teaching concerning responding to ELOHIM [Hebrew word for GOD] and getting HIS attention through understanding HIS ways of communicating to HIM through prayer. Christine Darg and her husband Peter are behind “The Jerusalem Channel” which goes out from Jerusalem to the world. They speak on issues concerning our FATHER in Heaven, MESSIAH YESHUA/JESUS CHRIST, the HOLY SPIRIT, and what is happening in Israel and the world and how it relates to Scripture.
Below is a summary of the above teaching of 7 characteristics of effective prayer for a closer relationship to our FATHER/ABBA in Heaven. Daniel 11:32 – people who know their GOD will be strong and do exploits/take action. I Chronicles/Divrei-Hayamim Alef 12:32.
1. Be well informed and understand the signs of the times we live in and the heart of GOD. We must pray for as many as possible because the time is short.
2. Understand the sense of urgency many are not aware of in our world today. Deadly enemies threaten national security. Peace and safety can change overnight. Islamic terrorists are on the move and it is said that Iran’s leader, Ayatollah Khomeini, is surrounded by a black hole.
3. Believe our GOD is in control and is greater and stronger than anything men or HIS enemy can do.
4. Have a Holy, reverential fear [respect/obeying] of GOD and HIS Greatness. Those who do not have wisdom concerning these things can not anticipate the consequences of their behavior. Reverence HIM!!! [this is Gail – HE needs love from us and gratitude from us and praise and blessing!!! So few bless HIM and that was a good part of what David did for HIM!!!]
5. Prayer for those in authority, royalty, and all leaders, especially those not doing right or a good job. Do not have wrath, I Timothy 2:8.
6. Become soul winners. Through mass media and mass transportation, the potential to win souls has never been greater. Pray for transportation and communication to continue to keep functioning through to the end. [This is Gail, ask for what you want but be sure and ask for what is GOD’S Will, and for only what is right in HIS Eyes to continue till the end or ask HIM if HE would consider changing HIS Mind. HE knows what is best and most important.]
7. Before asking for blessing it is important to repent and confess! GOD is looking for people to partner with HIM in prayer to fulfill HIS Holy purposes and be in agreement with HIM!
General prayer is a simple request for routine needs.
Supplications are urgent prayer petitions, humbly requested, for help that only GOD alone can provide.
Intercessory prayer is pleading on behalf of the interests of others. [This is Gail – just a reminder that any intercessors here on earth can only intercess to our FATHER in Heaven through HIS SON, JESUS/JOSHUA CHRIST the LORD aka YESHUA HA’MASHIACH YHWH, who is our ONLY INTERCESSOR to the FATHER. l Tim. 2:5; Acts 4:12; Heb. 7:25]
Thanksgiving is thanks for answered prayers.
Closing eyes and putting hands together is not actually mentioned in the Bible.
[This is Gail. See http://hinduism.about.com/od/artculture/p/namaste.htm From this link we learn about the meanings of these gestures. “Spiritual Significance of Namaste: The reason why we do namaste has a deeper spiritual significance. It recognizes the belief that the life force, the divinity, the Self or the God in me is the same in all. Acknowledging this oneness with the meeting of the palms, we honor the god in the person we meet. Namaste in Prayers: During prayers, Hindus not only do namaste but also bow and close their eyes, as it were, to look into the inner spirit. This physical gesture is sometimes accompanied by names of gods like ‘Ram Ram’, ‘Jai Shri Krishna’, ‘Namo Narayana’, ‘Jai Siya Ram’ or just ‘Om Shanti’ – the common refrain in Hindu chants. This is also quite common when two devout Hindus meet – indicating the recognition of the divinity within ourselves and extending a warm welcome to each other.”]
What is mentioned includes:
Bowed down faces to the ground, lifting hands, Nehemiah/Nehemyah 8:6
Putting the face between the knees, I Kings/ M’Lakhim Alef 18:42
Striking the chest, Luke 18:13
Stand praying and forgive so that you are forgiven, Mark 11:25
Kneeling, Acts 20:36
Lift eyes up to heaven, John/Yochanan 17:1
Prostrate, fall with face to the ground, Matthew/Mattityahu 26:39
Not my will but YOUR Will be done [to our FATHER in Heaven] Luke 22:42
Kneel and spread hands and lift them up to heaven, I Kings/M’Lakhim Alef 8:22 and 54
Do not have wrath or doubt, I Timothy 2:8
GOD wants all people to be saved and have knowledge of the TRUTH, I Timothy 2:4
Turning a deaf ear/not hearing to what GOD is instructing/HIS law/commands is detestable to HIM, Proverbs/Mishlei 28:9
[This is Gail. I believe Exploits and others I post about, have a lot of good information but none of us are perfect and there are things said or teachings that I may not agree with completely or at all within the whole body of work or beliefs of a person or organization. 2 comments made in this teaching, in regards to ABBA being our healer and battle leader I do not agree with. I believe YAHSHUA/JESUS is our healer. Look at all Scriptures with HIM healing the sick and with HIS Blood healing, including Matthew/Mattityahu chapter 8 and I Peter 2:24. Now look at John/Yochanan 17:11, where JESUS speaks about HIS FATHER giving HIS NAME TO HIS SON. Then look at Revelation 19:11-21 and we see that the LORD GOD of Hosts/Armies aka YHWH ELOHIM Tsevaot is JESUS/YAHSHUA with the New Covenant [maybe even with the First Covenant with HIM being the WORD – do not know yet.]