The previous study, where I first brought up about the du Tillet Hebrew Matthew/Mattityahu, included information that looked at the possibility of our present Gospel of Matthew being from a scroll written with errors in it. See link to previous study below:
I did a search on the du Tillet and found a couple of sites that had researched and presented their information on that manuscript, links will be included below. One site also had available in pdf an old book written and published about the du Tillet including translation in English called, “An Old Hebrew Text of St. Matthew’s Gospel” by Hugh Schonfield 1927. Link and quote from the book are below.
“When we turn to the New Testament we find that there are reasons for suspecting a Hebrew or Aramaic original for the Gospels of Matthew, Mark and John, and for the Apocalypse.”, from Preface page vii. On the next page, Schonfield goes into information that states he believes the canonical Gospel to be an abridged edition of a larger original work with even more information then we have today of CHRIST and HIS saying and of which only fragments have survived. He further states that he believes the Judaean Christians were going to use it as the last book of the Old Testament canon. It has been referred to by the names “The Gospel”, “The Gospel of the Lord”, “The Gospel of the Twelve, or, of the Apostles”, “The Gospel of the Hebrews”, and “The Hebrew Matthew”. He believed the original to be in Hebrew and possibly Aramaic and that the Greek renderings were from it and could be proven as such. When I was in Israel I met a scholar who stated that he believed the Greek to be secondary to the Aramaic. I found out there is an Aramaic vs Greek primacy dispute between Eastern and Western scholars in regards to the original New Testament manuscripts.
In “Caesar and Christ” by Will Durant, on page 616 is this paragraph which backs up what Schonfield said above:
“The literature of Christianity in the second century abounded in gospels epistles, apocalypses, and “acts.” Christians differed widely in accepting or rejecting these as authoritative expressions of the Christian creed. The Western churches accepted the Book of Revelation, the Eastern churches generally rejected it; these accepted the Gospel according to the Hebrews and the Epistles of James, the Western churches discarded them. Clement of Alexandria quotes as sacred scripture a late first-century treatise, The Teaching of the Twelve Apostles. Marcion’s publication of a New Testament forced the hand of the Church. We do not know when the books of our present New Testament were determined as canonical-i.e., as authentic and inspired;; we can only say that a Latin fragment discovered by Muratori in 1740, named after him, and generally assigned to ca.180, assumes that the canon had by that time been fixed.”
On page 556 Durant says, “Orthodox tradition placed Matthew’s Gospel first. Irenaeus describes it as originally composed in “Hebrew”-i.e., Aramaic; but it has come down to us only in Greek.” This agrees with what is stated in the preface of the “Holy Bible: Ancient Eastern Text” by George Lamsa:
“With reference to….the originality of the Peshitta text, as the Patriarch and Head of the Holy Apostolic and Catholic Church of the East, we wish to state, that the Church of the East received the scriptures from the hands of the blessed Apostles themselves in the Aramaic original, the language spoken by our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and that the Peshitta is the text of the Church of the East which has come down from the Biblical times without any change or revision.”
Mar Eshai Shimun
by Grace, Catholicos Patriarch of the East
April 5, 1957
JF, was obese and had numerous cats to the point of horrible uncleanness. Both are signs of a hold of spiritual wickedness. GOD/ELOHIM [Hebrew word for GOD] allowed me to be at the hospital when she was getting an x-ray and I got to see it on the machine and get a copy of it later. I saw three demons in her chest x-ray: a pointed eared elf like face with a large fancy necklace with gems was over her heart/left breast [She recognized the description and said her mother battled it. Her mother taught her how to contact spirits.], a tiny face biting on her where her pain was, and a boar with a long snout in her stomach. I believe from Biblical research that unclean spirits are a type of water vapor that inhabits the voids of our bodies because of sin. More on this in another study. Continue reading
May you find yourself asking questions and seeking the answers through prayer, asking ELOHIM for ONLY the Truth, and Biblical study/research! ELOHIM is the Hebrew word for GOD and who I believe is our ABBA [FATHER] in Heaven, HIS SON [YAHSHUA/JESUS/JOSHUA], and HIS [SET-APART] HOLY SPIRIT/RUACH HA’KODESH.
It is important to go to our ABBA in Heaven for everything through HIS SON, the MESSIAH [CHRIST] and only INTERCESSOR, and not go by our own understanding [Mattityahu/Matthew 6:9, 1 Yochanan /1 John 2:1, Mishlei/Proverbs 3:5-7]. I have been seeking ELOHIM’S FACE [wanting HIM and to know how HE is doing] and am going back to the roots of Scripture to gain a deeper understanding from the original languages and root words. Jeffery Benner who created the Ancient Hebrew Research Center looks into parent roots of words, the original root of where a word comes from. I have used this and found it to be enlightening, getting into a deeper understanding of a word and a truer one too. I also have been researching by looking at every Scripture a word is in to make sure a theory bears out. Everything in Scripture, both Old and New Testament, need to fit together. It is a puzzle that reveals hidden things. If it does not work, that indicates a problem of either a translation/transliteration error or could even mean that something does not belong. More about that later.
In order to walk the MESSIAH’S WAY:
1. Learn how to obey [if you love ME you will obey/keep MY commands] and follow our SHEPHERD and prepare for our coming KING how HE would love!
2. Go by HIS ABBA’S/FATHER’S Will and not your own!
3. Learn how to be taught and comforted by the HOLY SPIRIT!
Having given my life to our FATHER in Heaven to do YAHSHUA’S work, I hope to be going wherever my SHEPHERD wants me to follow HIM and doing whatever our FATHER in Heaven lines up for me and prepares through the HOLY SPIRIT! [John/Yochanan 10:11 and Tehillim/Psalm 23].
The above link is to a good teaching concerning responding to ELOHIM [Hebrew word for GOD] and getting HIS attention through understanding HIS ways of communicating to HIM through prayer. Christine Darg and her husband Peter are behind “The Jerusalem Channel” which goes out from Jerusalem to the world. They speak on issues concerning our FATHER in Heaven, MESSIAH YESHUA/JESUS CHRIST, the HOLY SPIRIT, and what is happening in Israel and the world and how it relates to Scripture. Continue reading
From: Psalms [Tehillim] 49:14, 50:23, 69:13, 116:17 [some translations say praise and some say thanks/thanksgiving], 145:3; [look at this link for all the verses that go into blessing HIS NAME] http://glclifestyling.com/2014/06/12/yhwhs-the-lords-servants-bless-his-name/ ; Proverbs [Mishlei] 3:6; Isaiah [Yesha’Yahu] 40:3; Matthew [Mattityahu] 3:3, 5:15-16; Mark 1:3; Luke 11:33; John [Yochanan] 1:3/4/9, 8:32, 14:6, 12:46; Romans 11:36; Colossians 1:16; Revelation 4:11.
Thanking YOU for all!
The sacrifice of praise!
Blessing YOUR NAME! [bow to HIM]
Praying for the Truth!
YOU our BELOVED KING are worthy of all
Worship pleasing to YOU! Continue reading
This has bothered me for some time and am finally getting it written up. The more one studies and compares words and their meanings in Hebrew/Aramaic to supposedly the same words/meanings in Greek and English, a pattern shows of not as much agreement as one would think. Please examine the word “winks” in the verses below from the Old and New Testaments [Covenants] and their root origins. In the Old Testament and in the English dictionary, you will see that “wink” is typically used to indicate something that is not right. A better word choice should be used by some translations to refer to the act of compassion by ELOHIM in Acts 17:30 in the New Testament, especially since most translations choose the better word “overlooked”. ELOHIM is the Hebrew word for GOD and who I believe is FATHER/SON/HOLY SPIRIT. Because of this verse in certain translations, we hear people saying “GOD winks”. We really should examine whether to use it in reference to HIM at all! Continue reading
I John [Yochanan] 3:17 But whoever has the world’s goods, and beholds his brother in need and closes his heart against him, how does the love of GOD abide in him? See Tehillim [Psalms] 41:1-3; Mishle [Proverbs] 3:27-28, 17:13, 19:17, 22:9, 28:27; Mattityahu [Matthew] 5:42, 6:24, 7:1-29, 20:26, 25:35-45; Mark 10:21; Luke 3:10-11, 6:38, 10:27; Acts 4:32-37, 20:35; Romans 12:13, 15:1; II Corinthians 9:12; Galatians 6:2-9; Philippians 2:4; Hebrews 13:16; Ya’akov [James] 1:27, 2:1-5:20, 4:17; I Yochanan [John] 4:19-21
– My focus is to do my FATHER/ABBA in Heaven’s and YAHSHUA/JOSHUA/JESUS’S Will and Desire in regards to the work ELOHIM wants me to do and for the reason HE created me.
– Ministering to ELOHIM [Hebrew word for GOD and who I believe is FATHER/SON/HOLY SPIRIT] and HIS people and creation has become my life’s love and work! If the idea of religion turns you off, please bear with me because you might change your mind. ELOHIM is not about religion which is man-made. HE is about a personal relationship! I have been in an on the job training program that ELOHIM has set up for me. My own personal reality experience, a taste of what it must have been like for the disciples of CHRIST [the MESSIAH] but in our present world!
– Since the end of August 2010 when I gave my life back to CHRIST, but this time understanding more of HIS Way, my life has held trials and errors and overcoming, blessings and good things, and the challenges of each especially dealing with fear and rejection. Good things can be a challenge too when we get caught up in being in a comfortable place vs doing HIS work in an uncomfortable place and allowing fear to rule! A big lesson has been to trust ELOHIM and not let the enemy rule me and still am working on that one! Other big lessons include enduring through all and getting stronger; learning to lean on HIM and to call out to YHWH/the LORD for help; to not be offended; to find forgiveness; to have compassion, love, hope, trust, even when circumstances are hard! To keep my focus on ELOHIM and not me or others!
– A number of service organizations need to examine themselves, both secular and religious. Many need to take a hard look at the service they are providing, by looking at each rule and guideline through the eyes of and experience what it is like walking in the shoes of the ones they are supposed to be serving! I have been shown how one can “fall between the cracks” of organizations who are supposed to help those in need. It can be eye-opening to see how losing out on even a small blessing can be devastating to someone in need right then and how hope can be snuffed out due to senseless rules/decisions. I believe many feel they are alone and do not know who to turn to or trust. The meek and humble may miss out on help because others, especially those who take advantage, get to resources first. Alice Lewis from Mama Alice’s Homeless Ministry calls it “the needy vs the greedy”.
– It has also been eye-opening to see how people and organizations are not helping others per the ways of Scripture. Individuals, churches, and even service ministries who have open hands when they want something, may act entirely different when the one who helped them previously becomes the one who needs help from them now! Try to imagine what it feels like to be rejected over and over and over again because people value the world and its ways more than a human being that they have even called friend or family! Having walked on both sides, as both giver and receiver, has been humbling. This walk has caused me to say to ELOHIM more than a few times, “if YOU won’t give up then I won’t”!
– I went from a 2400 sf house filled with possessions down to 1 or 2 suitcases and a backpack and have learned to give from even these few possessions. I went from having my own business/home/car to learning to be grateful for what I receive or for what door CHRIST opens. My personal needs are very simple these days. I went from a “keeping up with the Jones’s” mentality to “how can I help YOU my ELOHIM and you my fellow human being?”. My focus is on serving ELOHIM and others and taking care of me, too. Turning people away who need help because they are of a different belief or denomination, or running through a list of criteria that must be met first before they can be helped is not a belief of mine. Scripture is used for guidelines, addictions are not supported, and giving poor quality food or anything of poor quality is hopefully not done. Continue reading
“And do not call anyone on earth your father, for ONE is your Father, HE who is in the heavens.” Mattityahu [Matthew] 23:9. Based on this verse, calling anyone on earth “father” is a mocking to our FATHER in Heaven! When I realized it, I believe I shook my head that there was in Scripture yet another way revealed how we are hurting our ABBA [Hebrew for father] in Heaven and not obeying HIS SON our MESSIAH [CHRIST]! The depths of mocking ELOHIM [Hebrew for GOD and who I believe is FATHER/SON/SPIRIT] experiences from HIS own people is amazing. Much is right in front of us and many are blind, they do not see and/or they do not understand. Continue reading